Art Director - Udemy
June 2014 - Present
As Art Director I establish the overall visual direction for communications and translate the company’s marketing objectives and brand strategies into on-brand creative executions.
- Strategized creative concepts and provided cross-functional project management for Udemy’s largest and most successful integrated marketing campaigns.
- Developed company-wide processes for creative requests and file management.
- Designed a system of marketing email modules which enable every email to have unique and dynamic personalized content.
- Responsible for hiring and directing team of designers and copywriters.
- Launched Udemy’s inaugural direct mail campaign, consisting of a 16 page catalog and set of four promotional postcards.
Visual Designer - POPSUGAR
Sept 2012 - June 2014
My primary focus at PopSugar was to design visually compelling marketing creative for ShopStyle, an intuitive shopping search engine. I worked closely with the marketing team to bring campaigns to fruition and was responsible for the overall aesthetic of the ShopStyle brand.
- Deliverables included display ads, emails, content marketing, event signage, and internal assets such as annual reports and sales decks.
- Collaborated with UX and product teams to redesign the ShopStyle e-commerce site through several iterations.
Contract Visual Designer - Men’s Wearhouse
Feb 2012 - Sept 2012
During my contract at Men’s Wearhouse I was an integral member of a design team tasked with launching their new e-commerce site which was completely redesigned from the ground up with a clean and modern look and feel. Collaborating with the engineering, UX, and marketing teams, I worked on realizing compelling visual experiences that conveyed Men’s Wearhouse’s brand values, and achieved the company’s goal of attracting a younger clientele.
Senior Designer - ModCloth
Nov 2008 - Nov 2011
As Senior Designer, I was responsible for upholding the visual integrity of the brand by working cross-functionally with various departments such as photography, copy-writing, marketing, and UX, to ensure the production of compelling and identity-appropriate visual content.
- Executed deliverables such as homepages, emails, banner ads, print ads, and more.
- Provided on-site art direction during photo shoots for ModCloth’s marketing campaigns and seasonal look-books.
- Mentored junior designers and design interns.
B.S. in Graphic Design from California University of Pennsylvania
Member of the Honors Program, Public Relations Chair of Sigma Kappa Sorority, and an Art & Design Student Mentor in the Peer Mentoring Program
Relevant Skills & Capabilities